Aug. 30, 2022
There are different types of microswitches available in the market. We have introduced the working principle and some applications of microswitches in the previous article, and this article will continue to explain some knowledge related to its categories.
A hinged roller lever switch usually includes a roller attached to its hinged lever. So this switch is suitable for high-speed camera operation.
The pin plunger microswitch is ideally suited for direct, short strokes. Therefore, it can be used directly for detecting high-precision positions. In addition, this switch requires a consistent stop because it has the shortest actuator for overtravel.
Pin Plunger Microswitches
Due to the strong leaf spring, the leaf spring microswitch includes a larger travel. Therefore, you can use them for low-speed cam or cylinder actuation. In addition, it is important to maintain the overtravel switch in the application specification for two important reasons to avoid damage, the second reason being that the plate spring has a permanent support point.
The spring loaded pin plunger has a longer overtravel than the pin plunger. However, you can use this switch for similar applications. When using this switch, make sure that the load is in the center of the plunger due to the slightly larger diameter of the plunger.
This microswitch has the largest overtravel compared to other types of switches. The switch can be mounted to the panel by means of a nut and hexagonal locknut. After that, you can control this switch manually or mechanically. In addition, this switch can be used with a low-speed cam.
●Maintenance of the micro switch can be performed as follows.
● These switches must be kept very clean, especially because the actuator area is mainly sensitive.
● It is not recommended to use chemical cleaning solutions such as aqueous solutions on the microswitches.
●These switches should not be used in environments with explosive or flammable gases.
●The touch part of the micro switch needs to be checked frequently to observe whether the touch of the switch is normal, whether the limit distance is within the range, and whether the force and touch speed are normal.
● The voltage and current of the circuit need to be checked regularly, otherwise the current and voltage will have a huge impact on the switch and cause damage to the switch. So the voltage stability is very important.
● In the automation equipment, we need to check this switch regularly for 2 to 3 months to observe whether there is any damage to the external power supply to avoid other consequences.
The advantages of micro switch include the following.
● Accurate performance.
● Arcing damage can be reduced by generating arcs at fast switching speeds.
● Reliable switching.
●Low maintenance and long life.
●These switches are versatile.
●Water and dust resistant.
This is a complete overview of microswitches - working with the application. The switches are compact in size, have a long life, and are less sensitive to vibration and acceleration. There are different types of microswitches, but their selection depends largely on the requirements. However, it is important to connect these switches correctly in your application to get the best results. If you need to purchase a micro-action limit switch, please contact TMAZTZ and we will be glad to serve you.